Sunday

New TV!

Amber and I don't watch tv much, and we havent had cable in a year or so it rots your brain. When we did have it, we werent nearly as productive as we are now. So despite our friends always making fun of our tiny 17inch tv, we never went back. I found a 1965 Zenith Space Command tv on craigslist and had to get it. I have always loved vintage electronics because they always represent the forward thinking of the time, in this case space travel. I went and got it in Salem and whilst I was there, I went to an antique shop and among all of their extremely overpriced treasures, I found a mint condition small Mobler chair for $15. We dont have a child yet, but I love furniture for small people because you can have more of it as it takes up less room! The TV does work and now you can sit in our living room and not know that it is 2009, we are freaks.

A small Mobler chair built for a child. This is one of the icons of Danish design and apparently icons go for $15 in this economy.

As promised, another photo of the finished Lane Acclaim swivel. I am happy with how it turned out.

The table looks very shiny.














7 comments:

Tikimama said...

Very cool TV! Something like that is the only kind I would let in my living room (the big one for the kids is in the den). I want to be able to forget it's 2009, too!

JEM 'n Tonic said...

I REALLY LIKE the coffee table.

RovingWeaver said...

The table is amazing!! Where did you get that? I love the TV and chair, too, but that table... wow.

Husband said...

I bought the table from a friend of mine fo $100. It was in need of refinishing which I just recently tackled. The before and after pictures are here on the blog as well. Thanks for the kind words!

Uncle Atom said...

Love that TV! Are you still using it since the digital changeover?

Husband said...

We actually do use the tv. When hooked up to a digital converter box, you can see everything but it does not fit the tube very well. With some adjusting, you can watch shows like Lawerence Welk and it looks perfect. It is more of a novelty though as the adjustments are getting harder to make and the sound is going out. I also shocked myself pretty bad trying to mess with the insides (with the power off) and I cant find anyone around here who can fix it.

Sudha said...

hi
loved the way you refinished the table..is there a way i could glue my coffee table (single leg part)..otherwise mine is in good shape