Wednesday

NEW COUCH!

We have been waiting a long time for the perfect couch to fall into our lives via Craigslist, Goodwill, a garare sale....something.  So about a month and a half ago, I was searching cragislist as I often do and I came across this photo:


Judging by the picture, it looked kinda cool but I really wasnt sure it was what we wanted and since we have a garage filling up with furniture, an attic full, and several projects laying around that may never get done, I ignored it and decided I didnt even want to go look at it. 

Fast forward and I finally broke down and showed Amber as she has been wanting a couch to replace the Lafer set.  She looked and decided that since it is only $75 that we should at least go look at it.  When we showed up the entry way to this lady's early 90's home was lit by a George Nelson bubble lamp, that was yellowed and appeared to be original.  She showed us the couch and it was WAAAAAAYYY cooler in person so we bought it.  It was also much bigger than she had described.  Apparently it came from the same house where the, as she called them, "funky hanging lights" came from referring to the bubble light that she would not part with.  Anyhow, we called on my brother to come help move it as it is a hide a bed and extremely heavy.  We got it home and had to take it around the house and through the sliding glass door as it was only door wide enough to get it through.

We spent the rest of the evening staring at it:



As you can see, it is tufted and in near mint condition with the exception of a small tear in one cushion and small but fixable wear on the corners of the arms.  Aside from that, it is immaculate and is by far the coolest hide a bed I have seen.  It is a woven nubby type fabric and is green/gold/yellow. The Craigslist gods have been very good to us. Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Leah@storybookranch said...

That's a cool couch! and a bed too?bonus!

I'm thinking I need to sell my couch as a sacrifice to the craigslist gods, in hopes that they'll send something cool my way..

Dana said...

Very awesome couch!! :)

Mick said...

What a fantsitc find! Iv wanted a vitange couch for so long, But today finaly broke down and bought a new "faux leather click clack couch" from big lots it was a blackish brown but it looks 50's mad! Oh im just so jealous of your awsome couch!!!!! Marry Christmas!

art*deco*dame said...

cool couch!I have a 1961 Kroehler I got for $30 but my hubby hates it and wants to get rid of it =(

50s Pam said...

What a great find, it's gorgeous!