Tuesday

Does anyone still read this blog?

If they do, they can read this!

I made a quick trip to Portland for a big antique show recently and met some great people, saw some cool stuff, and didn't buy anything!  It actually wasn't too hard because the show consisted of either junk, or really nice stuff that could be thrifted with patience, besides we really don't need anything right now.

On my way up I usually go through The Dalles to check on the house there and because it is, in my opinion, a nicer drive.  I took some photos there though in the early morning hours and I think they turned out pretty good. The Dalles has not changed much in it's history but in the 50s they built some pretty cool buildings.  The nice thing about being there early was that there weren't any cars in the way.



We have not really been working on the house too much, just furniture projects which I will post photos of soon.  Cheers!

6 comments:

Midcenturymadam said...

What a great B of A building. Wonder if they had any problems with leaky roof. I would love to have a butterfly roof on the home we are planning but how would you prevent those pesky leaks? Great photos.

Amber Von Felts said...

The BofA building is so Googie! My brother's town in Grants Pass OR has some really googie stuff too. Must be regional--or a west coast thing, there is lots here in CA. Great pics! Keep on posting, there are still readers :-)

Scott said...

Love the photos!

Anonymous said...

Yes I am reading and enjoying very much!!

Tonia @Chic Modern Vintage said...

Hi there, found you via The Brick House comments, I live in Dallas, TX and it's funny I see these buildings all the time and never notice how beautiful they are.

Zootsuitmama said...

Love your finds and the signs are great! This is the first time I've seen your blog, but plan to return often! Zootsuitmama