Wednesday

The end of summer.

I am guilty this year, yet again, of not finishing the projects that I set out to tackle.  Although, I suppose that failure is offset by the fact that I accomplished other tasks that I had not intentionally set out to finish. But I did take a few photos to mark the end of summer.  These are from Smith Rock state park which is about 12 miles from our house.

With our careers running on all cylinders, Amber and I spent very little time at home this summer, we basically slept there.  At 25 I think this is what you are supposed to do, especially when you don't have kids, but next summer we will be in a much position to spend money on the house and be there to enjoy it.  We took a few trips around Oregon, which is a great state to just take a day trip in as there is so much to see and so many different environments, and we had a lot of fun.

The winter is supposed to be long, so I will be in the garage again working on furniture which I am excited about and we can get interior projects done.

I will be launching a new project soon on this blog, so watch for that.  I have always wanted to have a creative outlet that ties into the aesthetic of mid century modern design and i finally created one so I hope that you will enjoy what I have come up with.

2 comments:

Midcenturymadam said...

Beautiful photographs. Looking forward to viewing your projects.

modern monkey said...

Can't wait to see the new project! Love the photos. Thanks for sharing!